Green Halloween® Twitter Party!
October 22, from 9 to 10 pm EST
What to Expect:
- Treats & “treasures” that are healthy for kids & the planet
- DIY costumes, make your own face paints, recycled decor & more
- Seasonal, Earth-inspired activities
- Ideas for a waste-less, spend-less holiday that keeps all the fun
- Finding Green Halloween® events near you
- Interact with others
- Win great, green gifts & goodies*
Please, help support Green Halloween and Green America and spread the Green this Halloween! Share this event with your social media network! The more individuals and groups we have involved, the better our great ideas will spread!
What you can to do to participate:
- RSVP with us by adding your Twitter handle in the comments below to be eligible for prizes*
- Check out the Green America and Green Halloween websites for guides and tips for living your life in more green, healthy, and socially just ways
- Follow our featured hosts: @GreenHalloween and @GreenAmerica
- Log into Twitter through Tweetchat.com on October 22nd a little before 9pm EST and put #GreenHalloween as the hashtag to follow
- During the party, make sure every comment you submit has the hashtag #GreenHalloween (if you use Tweetchat, this will be done automatically) in it
- Share your ideas, support each other, and participate. Also, come win some prizes from our great sponsors:
*(One entry per handle. Most prizes will ship only to the continental U.S.; some may ship to Canada. If you cannot accept a prize, prize will be offered to another event participant.)
Green Halloween is a non-profit, grassroots community initiative to create healthier and more Earth-friendly holidays, starting with Halloween. It began in the Seattle area in 2007 with backers such as Whole Foods Market and was such a huge success that in 2008, the initiative expanded nation-wide. In cities across the country, volunteer coordinators are turning their city’s Halloween holiday healthy and eco-friendly, but many are also raising money for their own, local nonprofit beneficiaries via the initiative. Green Halloween, as of 2012, is a program of Green America.
Green America is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1982. Our mission is to harness economic power—the strength of consumers, investors, businesses, and the marketplace—to create a socially just and environmentally sustainable society. We work for a world where all people have enough, where all communities are healthy and safe, and where the bounty of the Earth is preserved for all the generations to come.