We eat a lot of fruits and veggies at our house, sometimes that means we need to change up the way we prepare our produce as a way keep things interesting! My husband is the more adventurous cook in the house so he’s always on the lookout for creative recipes! A friend of ours suggest breaded broccoli so we decided to give it a try. It was SO good!!!!
Our daughter did most of the prep work and had a blast dipping and rolling the little broccoli trees!
We didn’t have a precise recipe to follow so this is what we came up with:
1.5 pounds of broccoli – trimmed into the crowns
1 cup breadcrumbs
salt and pepper to taste
2 egg whites
1tsp dried basil
1tsp dried oregano
1. preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2. trim the broccoli into the crowns
3. put the egg whites and milk into a container and whip till mixed well
4. put the bread crumbs, salt and pepper, basil and oregano into another bowl or a large Ziploc baggie.
5. dip the broccoli crowns into the egg and milk mixture
6. place the dipped crowns into the bread crumb mixture and coat the crowns with the mixture
7. place the breaded crowns onto a cookie sheet – make sure that they are flat on the sheet to ensure that the breadcrumbs get crispy!
8. place into the preheated oven for 20 minutes
Happy Healthy Eating,
Kia Robertson is a mom and the creator of the Today I Ate A Rainbow kit; a tool that helps parents establish healthy habits by setting the goal of eating a rainbow of fruits and vegetables every day. Kia is passionate about creating tools that help parents raise healthy kids!