Well it’s officially November, and we won’t be dressing up as ghouls and goblins for a while. BUT, that doesn’t mean all the healthy Halloween fun needs to end! Make sure your Halloween is green all the way through with these tips.
Decorations & Costumes
We hate to see those awesome ghosts on your door fly away, but they’ll be back!
- Keep your decorations to use for next year. Those Halloween banners never go out of style!
- Make sure to compost your pumpkin.
- Keep that lovely DIY costume you worked so hard to make. If your child doesn’t feel like being a superhero next year, you can swap it in National Costume Swap Day!
- Why not conduct a candy experiment? It gets rid of that extra sugar and fosters a love of science.
- Trade candy for a prize or toy that your child wants.
- Send your candy to troops overseas with Operation Gratitude or the Candy Buyback program
And remember, take the time to talk to your child about environmentalism and everyday green living.