Summer’s long over. School is back in session. And that means Halloween is knocking at your door.
We thought that in addition to reminding you to check out www.GreenHalloween for ideas, we’d pass on some tips from our fellow green bloggers.
3. Lots of parents today are opting out of masks and choosing face paints instead. But these can contain chemicals that you don’t want on your children’s skin. What to do? Make your own! You can check out our recipe here, and for more ideas, check out this article on Greenwala by Danika Carter, or this one from Diane MacEachern at Big Green Purse.
4. Great tips on avoiding GMO sugar this Halloween from My Healthy Green Family.
5. Emily Roach at Random Recycling loves roasting pumpkins seeds. Here’s her recipe.
6. From Robbie Schneider at Going Green Mama, what to do with that mammoth Halloween stash.
7. The Smart Mama, Jennifer Taggart, suggests using tee tree oil to keep your carved Jack-o-lantern from molding. And Danika Carter, from Your Organic Life says adding those little silica gel packets works well too.
8. And finally, Tamara Rubin, writing for DrGreene.com, explains how to avoid exposing your kids to lead during Halloween festivities.
What’s your favorite eco-friendly Halloween tip?
Lynn Colwell and Corey Colwell-Lipson are mother and daughter and authors of Celebrate Green! Creating Eco-Savvy Holidays, Celebrations and Traditions for the Whole Family, and founders of Green Halloween®.